Friday, November 10, 2006

Beasts of the Field

We're back stateside and I'm glad I took some pictures. I didn't want to and did the sadly typical thing of ust wanting to enjoy the moment... who can be bothered with pictures? We've been back 3 days and someone asked what we did. I lazily said this and that but showing pictures took care of the work for me and I'm sad to say I'm currently focused on a cold I've got and forgot much of what we did even last week.



I also tried kangaroo meat for the first time. It tasted pretty much like beef but twice as expensive which is odd because you can find roadkill roos all over the inner half of Australia.



Meet Zoe, My biggest little fan from Melbourne. She was very excited to meet a "movie star" and I didn't want to spoil her excitement with the truth so I changed the subject and we talked about our cool boots.


Took the manditory walk down to the Opera house in Sydney. We tried to catch a show but the only one appealing at the time was canceled so we went to the zoo instead.


This picture gives Connie the perfect in for her joke. Q- Why do gorilla's have big nostrils? A- They have big fingers.


One of the cool things about the Taronga zoo in Sydney is it's location. It's right across the bay from the bridge and opera house so every picture's a good one.


And FInally a tourist shot of a tropical bird trying to make a move on Connies fries. Don't be fooled. This cute little thing kept creeping in until it snagged one and made a run for it. I had to shoo it away from grabbing my wallet next. You can tell he does this for a living.

On a different note, I had a quick interview for WCCO (CBS) that will air tonight or tomorrow night on the 10:00 PM news at the Midwest Scrapbook Convention. I've got a cold but was loving every minute of it. Met some great people there who seemed to be profoundly touched by the movie. I also have an interview with KMSP ( Fox ) on Monday so I've got to kick this cold.

I take of Tuesday to Milan, Italy for a big film festival that Scrapped was accepted into. I landed a spot with some big documentaries from some popular people so I don't know if I'll actually win anything but even to be screened and nominated with some of these other projects os a big deal. I'll post lots of pics.

wes

6 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Info Goddess said...

You're going to Milan?!? Wes did you ever travel this much BEFORE Scrapped?? Good luck at the festival & load up on Vitamin C...

Fern

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger BuckeySandy said...

Wes,

Great photos from all your "down under" travels. Now Milan!!??? How cool is that?

So I guess shooting with us is out for a long while? : D

Enjoying your "travelogue" and wonder, have you scrapped this yet???

Lots of affection,
Sandy

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger mumovearls said...

WOW you are all over the map! I've been enjoying the entries on your blog
Enjoy Milan can't wait to see pics-nena

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Glad you enjoyed Sydney; the bird is a lorikeet. Well done for the movie going to Milan and enjoy your trip

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute kid that Zoe is.... she is still talking about meeting her movie star but now it's sort of moved onto bragging about her photo being on the internet!! Thanks for gving us the time you did chatting and having photo's etc while in Melbourne. We had a great night.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger liannallama said...

wowie! How exciting and congrats on the festival!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home